- Each club must be under the control of a Team Manager.
- Athletes must not report for events until their age group is called over the PA system.
- All athletes must wear the correct Club Uniform with their age group tag firmly attached to the front of their top in a clearly visible position.
- Mobile Phones: Athletes are not permitted to use mobile phones while at their competition venues. Non-compliance may result in disqualification from that event.
- On leaving an event athletes should report back to their Team Manager in their Club area.
- Misbehaviour of athletes will be reported to their Club Team Managers.
- Only designated officials and competitors will be permitted on the arena. Any infringement of this rule may result in penalties on an athlete or their club.
- Any general complaint regarding officials, program etc. will only be considered if made in writing and forwarded to the Centre Secretary no later than seven (7) days after the competition concerned.
- During normal programs athletes who arrive late for an event may only join in at the stage the event is at, ie, they are not given any turns that they have missed out on, and may not take part after a last round of attempts is completed or a final heat is called.
- Children in the U9 – 16 age groups may be eligible and are encouraged to nominate themselves to represent the Dandenong Centre in events such as State Relay Championships. In some instances it may be necessary for a selection process to take place as nomination does not automatically guarantee inclusion in a team.
Please Note: Athletes who are selected in team events may be excluded from nominating for future representation if they do not fulfill the Centre’s requirement for training and participation. For Relay Training, children are required to attend training at least once a week.
- Footwear: must be worn at all times.
- Spikes: may be used by Under 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 age groups in:
- Track events run entirely in lanes, excluding relay events
- Jump pits (not High Jump)
Maximum length of the spike shall not exceed 7mm. If using spikes, athletes must comply with the following rules:
- Spikes shall not be worn outside the relevant competition area
- Spikes must not be put on until the athletes have been allocated their heats
(c)After receiving their ticket at the completion of their event, the athletes must remove their spikes immediately (in the designated change area)
- Spikes must be carried in a spike bag at all times when not being worn
- Events will not be held up while athletes are changing shoes.
- Any athlete failing to comply with these rules may be denied permission to wear them for the remainder of the season
- Spike Rules may be modified for Special Meetings or Centre Championship
- No competitor may compete in a higher age group except by invitation.
- Rules for special athletic meetings will be notified, eg, Open Days
- In the event of inclement weather, a decision to cancel will be made as early as possible. Where time permits clubs will be notified. Once the program has commenced, the decision to cancel remains with the Arena Manager.
- All Clubs are required to supply officials. Clubs failing to meet their obligations will be penalised in a manner as laid down by the Centre Executive.
Additional officials will be called for as the need arises.